There was an error in this gadget

Friday, December 9, 2011

RIP Mikey Welsh

I was saddened to hear of the death of a very interesting and complex young artist that I had become relatively friendly with via the internet. Here is a bit of a tribute video I came across. I will be honest and say that I was very curious to find out the nature of his death because he often posted some pretty disturbing thoughts etc on facebook. Unfortunately, I was not surprised to hear it was suicide.

"On October 8, 2011, Welsh's Facebook page announced that he had "passed away unexpectedly", with a memorial image attached. It was later announced that Welsh had been found dead in a hotel room in Chicago, from a suspected drug overdose leading to a heart attack.He had posted on Twitter on September 26, 2011, "dreamt i died in chicago next weekend (heart attack in my sleep). need to write my will today"followed by "correction - the weekend after next". There has been discussion of whether his prediction was a self-fulfilling prophecy"- Wikipedia. More info here




1 comment:

  1. That's really sad, I love his work, it reminds me a bit of Basquiat's ....
    Nice seeing my painting in the last post, she has moved since then ...
    hope we can get to Sydney for the Paddington exhibition on the 17th ... that's great news, well done you !!!

    ReplyDelete