There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pop up show in Sydney

Hi all, I'm looking at having a pop up art show of my own work in Paddington on the 17th December in the afternoon. Will keep you posted.
If you haven't already, check out some new works on my facebook page here. Oh also on there is some cool photos from the other night with some top Aussie artists checking out my work in the studio. Incase you don't know, Luke Sciberras is the guy in the middle (the next John Olsen) and Carlos Barrios is the one on the right, who is keen to exhibit with me in the new year, which would blow my mind.



5 comments:

  1. That would be bloody awesome Kearnsy. Three very talented lads there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Luke got to see your works ... have you had an invite to one of his great lunches yet?
    We will try and catch the Paddington show, my "Mother" still makes me happy whenever I look at her, look forward to seeing your new works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mandy. No not been to one of Lukes launches yet but will defs catch the next one. Going out to see his studio soon though which I'm really looking forward to.
    Would be great to see you on the 17th if you're around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an artist myself, I enjoy reading Philip Koch's sensitive writing about Edward Hopper and Andrew Wyeth, who along
    with Whistler and Rothko, are my favorite American painters.

    I don't live in the United States but have traveled and passed a short time there. But even with the little time spent
    in your beautiful country, especially in small-town America, I can relate to some of the poetical feel that Hopper and
    Wyeth had captured in their art, which is for me part of the attraction of their paintings.

    Browsing at wahooart.com the other day, as I do now and then, I find a good selection of Edward Hopper's work,
    http://EN.WahooArt.com/@/EdwardHopper ,in the
    big archive of Western Art, that customers can order online for canvas prints and even hand-painted, oil-painting
    reproductions can be made and sent to them.

    Hopper's surrealistic and depersonalized world is there again. Timeless, yes, as it is still there now in the roadside cafes
    and diners that I ate at all over America.

    ReplyDelete